Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thank you, Honey!

I just wanted to write a quick note about how thankful I am to have such a handy husband. He is so good about knowing what to do in situations that we have not had to deal with before.

Sunday night after a long day, I decided it was time for a bath. After waiting for the tub to fill up, I went to put my foot in, only to discover that the water was freezing cold. I let Donald know, and he grabbed some tools and went to check the water heater. Yep, it was broken, he determined. So, he got on the computer, looked up the model number, diagram, and troubleshooting page. He thought it was likely the heating element that had gone bad, so the next day, he tracked down a new one at Home Depot.

After soccer practice on Monday, he drained the tank, and switched out the bad part for the new one. Within less than an hour after that, we had hot water again! I am so thankful that what could have thrown a major wrench into our holiday plans if we had needed to call a plumber or unknowingly replace the whole thing only ended up costing us less than $20. Donald, I am so glad that you know so much about things that I have no clue about, and you are very good with crisis management. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment