Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In Kai's Words...

Kai and I recently had a conversation that took me by surprise. I thought he was just being goofy, but when he explained his reasoning, he left me wondering, "where does he come up with this stuff?"

We were pulling out of the driveway, and there were two big turkey vultures sitting in the field nearby. This is what ensued...

Kai: Mom, do you have to have special powers to be a superhero?

Mom: Yes.

Kai: Well, what about Batman? He doesn't have any special powers. He's just cool and tries to help people.

Mom: You're right! I guess you don't really need a special power, then.

Kai: Did you know that vultures are superheroes?

Mom: No, I've never heard that. I thought they were just birds.

Kai: Well, they are birds, but they help people because when they eat decaying animals, they prevent disease from getting in our water supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment